Pages

September 18, 2013

A Fishy Birthday

Hello everyone, sorry for the little break in posting.  Hubby had shoulder surgery last week so things have been a bit out of sort around here.
I am in love with the way this one turned out.  
 I colored this cute little Whimsy Stamps digital image Gertie with my Copic markers, I colored the lips extra dark and then covered them with Crystal Lacquer.  I cut the fishbowl using my Cricut cartridge Create a Critter a couple of times then glued a piece of clear acetate to the bowl and pop dotted it over Gertie.  I added a few Fiskars ZingZ stickers as water splashes, I love these things for water.
Here is a close up of the fish bowl and Gertie.
The saying I stamped using a Rubbernecker stamp, go check them out they have some really cute stamps and sayings.  I stamped it onto Spellbinder die cut outs.
I searched and searched through my papers to try and find some kind of water paper or something to use as a background (probably spent about an hour+), then I saw this orange polka dot paper and it was PERFECT!  I had the blue/aqua holographic paper in my stash for a while and it all fit together.  Funny how sometimes you have something in your mind and search and search only to come up with something totally opposite that works out much better.
Well thanks for stopping by to take a peak on Gertie, hope you like her.

I will post this card on Make it Monday blog.
Also on
Oldie but A Goodie  Dies & Punches
Penny's Paper  Two or more patterned papers

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Gertie is totally adorable Donna!!! Love your coloring. Those lips are the best. I think the orange polka dotted paper is just perfect. And that holographic paper is great. Love the water splashes, too. Awesome card!!! :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Now that is just the cutest little fish and just look at the "sexy" lips... lol!!! I love-love your card!

Hope and pray your hubby feels better and gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Too cute, Donna. Love that little fish. How's hubby doing?

Shirley-Anne said...

LOVE THAT FISH . great fun card .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Nana Donna said...

Thanks Stephanie hubby is doing fine, doing things he is not suppose to be doing :"/

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, fishy is so cute, love the water splash effects.
Hope Hubby doing ok?
Saw this on MIM
Louise x

Paper Panda said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Mandy x

Dips said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, great use of dies. Thank you so much for entering my challenge theme on an Oldie But A Goodie, and good luck!