Pages

February 20, 2016

Sea-Horsin' Around

Hello, hope everyone is having a wonderful crafty weekend.
I am so excited to share this card with you today.

A while back on Pinterest I saw a card that had "water drops"on it
and it looks so real and amazing.  Well I dug into it and found out it
was actually a rubber stamp that made them.  I never would have thought
that was what it was.  So I looked into it and found these terrific stamps
I ordered the complete set of all the water drop styles.

I couldn't wait to try it out.
So I used Distress inks, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon and a little Mowed Lawn on water color paper and made my own background.  

I Googled seahorse and found this image.   I colored her up with watercolor paints, hand cut it out then covered it with Crystal Lacquer.
I stamped my water-drop stamp onto the background paper with 
Memento Black Ink and then went to work with my paint brush 
and wet inside each "bubble" then dabbed up the excess water with a paper
towel and it lifts some of the color off and waa-laa this is what you get.
Went back and added some slight white highlights with my Zig white chalk pen.
I mounted the background on a couple layers using the colors in the "water",  
 cut some seaweed using my Cricut Explore then pop dotted the seahorse on top.
I had the perfect sentiment to go with it too.  It is a stamp by Pink by Design
set called Crikey.  I bought it many years ago so I am not sure if it is still available.
I will be entering this in a challenge over at Design by Ryn Customer Creation Challenge.

Thanks so stopping by, I hope you enjoy my card and am inspired by it. 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my!!! This is awesome Donna!!! Loving how you did the bg and those water drops!!! Beautiful!!!! Love the seahorse, too!!! One fabulous card!!!!!!!! :)

Ryn Tanaka said...

You did a great job with Rising Bubbles Donna! So glad you found me online and that you're having fun with the designs :) Cute card - great matching of images and sentiment! Thanks for sharing!