Pages

April 13, 2017

A Beautiful Feather

I love how this one turned out.  I made it a few weeks
ago but never got around to typing up a post.
Lately, I have had an addiction to Unity Stamps, I am sure they
love it but my wallet doesn't, they have way to many great
sales and tempting stamps.  Not a good combination for me. 

This card I used the beautiful feather stamp from the
"Beautiful is Never Perfect" set.  This stamp has to be
way at the top of my list of favorites with all it details
and flowers.
I started out with some watercolor paper and using my new
Distress Oxide Inks.  Oh my, do I love these inks!  I used 
Broken Chine, Cracked Pistachio (ha ha ha I am sitting here
cracking pistachios and eating them while I type this) and Wilted Violet. 
Once I got the background the way I liked it I stamped it with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine White embossing powder.
I am not very good sometimes at combining the right inks colors so I 
can not take full credit for this one.  I saw a card done by
Lin over at the Sending Hugs blog and knew I had to give it a try.
I stamped and heat embossed the happy birthday on a Gina Marie
die cut.  You can check this and her other dies HERE.

Well I am so glad you stopped by would love the hear what you this
of my card.
Challenges entered:
Aud Sentiments - Happy birthday/7 - ends 4/17
Crafting with Attitude - anything goes - ends 4/30
Crafty Girls Creations - anything goes - ends  4/30
Moving Along with the Times - birds and/or feather - ends 4/25



4 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely elegant card. Pretty colours too. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Wendy L said...

So unique, perfect for our theme, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Nicola Gold said...

So beautiful. I love this technique. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafting with an Attitude Challenge 'Anything Goes' April 2017.
Nicola, CWAA DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Judith said...

This is so pretty and colourful - I love what you have created - thank you for playing along with our challenge at MAWTT hugs Judith x