Pages

October 3, 2017

Variety of cards using inks & Water

Hi, I been busy playing around with my inks and
various mediums and water to see what I could come up with.
I will share several cards here instead of doing a bunch of 
different posts.

Over at StampNation they are having a challenge that is
"just add water" well that was perfect for me to  play with
inks and water.

This first card I used Catherine Pooler inks in the colors
Mint to Be and Pixie Dust for the background.
I sponged the colors on a piece of watercolor paper but
was not too happy with it so I thought what the heck and I 
told my water bottle and sprayed it and wow I loved the
effect that made.  This card was actually made following
a sketch over at the Unity Show & Tell Facebook page.
I stamped the flower from Unity Stamps and then I took my waterbrush and added a little more color to the flower. 

The next card is using another Unity Stamp.  
I tried the loose or messing coloring then sprayed it with water and let the water move the color around.  I was not really happy with it till I cut it out with a GinaMarie die and then mounted it on a coral colored paper.

OK, and up next is another watercolor background plus
using a stencil to pick some of the color back up using water.  I
stamped the peacock, from the Naturally Inspired using various Catherine Pooler inks and mounted it on a die count out also from the Naturally Inspired collection. 

And last but not least I attempted the no-line watercoloring technique.
I love this rose stamp from Stampin Up and thought it was simple enough to try 
the no-line technique.  In the end I outlined the rose with a 
color glitter pen and it looks real pretty in person.


Well that is it for today, I sure hope you enjoy all my card, 
let me know what you think and which is your favorite one.

Challenges entered:
Crafty Sentiments - anything goes - ends 10/9
Creates & Makes - anything goes - ends 10/30
Digi Choosday - anything goes - ends 10/17



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Love the pastel colors and technique.

Creative world said...

Fabulous set of watercolored cards,love them all and fantastic color combination you used on them...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Ċ½eljka Dt xx

Unknown said...

Love em Donna.. specially the middle one :)

Moni said...

Beautiful make!!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges. Monica.-DT