Pages

November 5, 2017

Coloring on Red

                    You know all the rage right now is coloring on kraft cardstock me
included love it.  I love the look, I love the way the color lays down, 
I just love everything about it. 
So I recently ran across where someone colored on colored paper,
I believe what I saw was blue.

Well I recently got my Perfect Poinsettia set of stamps from
Gina K so I thought it would be perfect to give it a try
to color on red.  So for my project this month over
at the Crafty Awesomeness Challenge I made this card.


I stamped the poinsettias and heat embossed them in gold.  This set
of stamps is actually a multi-step set of stamps, much like the truck one I did HERE.  For this card, I only used the lined/detailed stamp.

I colored in the poinsettias using my Polychromo pencils.
I love pink poinsettias so that was actually my driving factor
to color on red paper.
I die cut the Merry Christmas using a GinaMarie die.  I thought it needed something so I covered it in Versamark ink and then heat embossed
it using clear embossing powder.  It made it stand out a bit more. 
I then mounted the red panel on gold foil paper to pick up the gold
embossing.  I am slowly making a dent in my Christmas
cards but still have a way to go.

Sorry this post is late, it was just one of those times where
I couldn't get it together in time.  I had the card all finished
but had to sit down and type up this blog post.
Thanks for stopping by and remember to head over to
and anything goes challenge so come on over and let's see what you got.

1 comment:

Merrie said...

Beautiful card. This technique is on my list of ‘things to try’. You did a fantastic job.