Pages

November 16, 2017

Fall Candles

Hi back to share a different kind of project for me, it is
not a card...................

I had done this many many years ago when I first started on my stamping journey, probably around 1996 and had forgotten about
it till I recently seen someone make one.  
So the challenge right now over at the Unity Stamp Facebook
Show & Tell group is to create something other than a card and thought
well, this is the perfect time to make some of these again.


I stamped on tissue paper using a couple of the stamps that were in
the August 2017 Unity Stamp KOTM.  I then colored the images
using my Copic markers and trimmed the tissue paper so there was not a whole bunch of extra around the image but not as close as fussy cutting.  You have to be a little gentle as to not tear the delicate tissue paper. 
 I had bought a two pack of plain white wax pillar candles. Using my Ranger heat tool I gently heated an area of the candle them placed the colored
image over it, it will not all stick down yet I just do this so it stays
in place till I move to the next step.  Then once it is right where I
want it to go, I continue to heat over the image moving around the heating tool because you do not want to over melt the candle.  Just keep heating
and moving around the heating tool till the tissue paper edges seem
to disappear into the candle.   Then I placed my second leaf and repeated
the process and that is it.  It is actually pretty easy.  I suppose
you could use a hairdryer if you don't have a heat tool.

I added some twine and buttons to the bottom to dress them up a bit.
I will take these to my daughters for Thanksgiving so she can
use them as decorations, or burn them if she wishes to.
          They would make great gifts for the holidays and so easy to make,
 the possibilities are endless.   In fact, it will be
on my gift giving list this year. 

               Unity Stamps is having a huge sale right now so if you have
had your eye on now is the time to pick up those stamps. 

No comments: